Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Camping trip during Lockdown #1

Camping trip during lockdown trip #1

During Lockdown my family and I went camping twice.
We camped in our backyard. This is the story of my first lockdown camping trip.

The marshmallows

We tried to make our own marshmallows for the trip, but it didn't work out very well.

My Mom made the marshmallows. Did you know that marshmallow mixture is clear? Pretty cool, right?

Anyway, I thought the marshmallows would work out perfectly but Mom said, "I don't think the marshmallows will work out."  "I think it will be more like marshmallow soup." She was right.

What we did

We read Heroes of Olympus in the tent. While my Mom was reading, I was doing maths in my maths workbook. I was up until around midnight! Yah you read that right, I was up until around midnight. Before we went to the tent, we had dinner in the garden. We had pizza, chocolate covered cookies (we didn't have graham crackers), marshmallows, and marshmallow soup. We put the marshmallow soup on the cookies. It was the best thing I ever tasted!!! 😁

The tent

Our tent is HUGE! It is grey, white and a little bit green. It is a Kingdom 6. It's so comfy and cozy. It's the best tent I've ever had!

Setting up

My sister (Malena), my mom (Kristen), and I  were in charge of setting up the tent. Me and Malena, well we didn't help set up. Yah, we aren't very helpful. Sorry, Mom! 

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Do you think you'll try making marshmallows again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they might turn out better next time, because we will have more experience.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fun experience and a great time for you all to have together. I think your family is very creative with ways to spend this time in isolation. Did you have a campfire or a gas cooker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have a campfire cooker.

      Delete
  3. This is a great story! I can almost smell that marshmallow soup, and I really want to try it on a chocolate cookie!! Up till midnight doing maths? Proud of you, Girl! Grandma

    ReplyDelete